Monday, February 13, 2012

Technology Self-Assessment: School 2.0

NETS-3  I use a digital tool to reflect the knowledge I have about integreating technology in the classroom.


I decided to focus on the NETS-T Module: Model Digital-Age Work and Learning (# 4). This model states teachers should facilitate effective use of current and emerging digital tools and resources to locate, analyze, evaluate, and use information resources to support research and learning for myself and for students. I chose this standard because it was one of the areas where I had two reds (need improvement areas).  On this model I used the resource entitled, "Web Awareness for Teachers: How to Search the Internet Effectively". In this resource I learned how to properly search for subjects. Words like "and", "or", "and not" can make a complete difference in my search. For instance,  the word "And" will make searches on documents that contain both/all words. For example, "Tigers" and "Lions" would return only documents that contained the two keywords or phrases. A search containing the word "Or" will make a search on documents that contain either word. The search "France" OR "Texas" OR "Cars" OR "Squares" would return all documents that contained even one of these four keywords or phrases. Lastly "And Not" will make searches on documents that contain the word, but not if the document also contains another word." For example: "George Washington" AND "Government" AND NOT "President" would return documents that include George Washington and Government, but not those that also include President.

No comments:

Post a Comment